Sunday, June 1, 2008

Change

With high school ending for me, I've sort of been thinking about my life and my accomplishments a lot. As I was going through just the senior class in the yearbook last week, I noticed that I can recognize a lot of people by face but it's crazy that I barely know the majority of my class. I know how big Stevenson is and how much feeling like you're a part of the school is stressed, but in a way I just think that these four years have flown by, and yes I branched out and joined sports and clubs, but in the end, if someone pointed out a person in the hall, I doubt I would even know their name or anything about them and in a way, that's kind of sad. Thinking about this, it reminded me of an episode of One Tree Hill that I watched awhile ago called "Pictures of You". episode starts off in a classroom of seniors and it's one of their last days of school. The teacher begins his lesson plan for the day which is very different from a normal school lesson. I tried posting the video but it won't let me, so I left the link for you to watch the beginning of the episode and I recommend watching it if not watching the entire episode if you get the chance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfZWN5QhFfo

I always think about how I will be remembered at Stevenson and how people will label me. I feel like a lot of times at Stevenson you don't REALLY know the majority of people so you tend to place labels on them despite who they really are. I like that in this episode the teacher says "you are who your classmates see you as... but that's going to change soon because pretty soon you're going to be going out into that big wide world and you can erase all those labels.. what matters is, you know who you really are and you know how you want the world to see you". I think this is a great statement because despite who you were in Stevenson, we all have the chance to be who we want to be. We can erase the labels placed on us, start out fresh, and basically write our own story.

No comments: